“When we are presenting our startup to an angel or venture capitalist, what do the great ones look for in our pitch?
I know you are in a hurry so I’ll give you three effective tools to start your thinking. And aim you at success in achieving your goal: grab the attention and respect of that often-daunting person in the room who is listening to your presentation.
- Here is an outstanding helper from an outstanding venture firm:
- FREE TOOL: From Canaan Partners – veterans of Silicon Valley tech winners – comes a handy “Entrepreneurial Pitch Workbook"”. I’ve used it often. So have startups that got their money and went on to success.
- Here is a short YouTube video I’ve created on how to construct an impressive set of slides for presenting your company to someone important:
- YouTube “Pitch Deck” from John Nesheim
- Here is a collection of my blogs about presenting your startup to important people (search word “presentation”):
Use those tools to stand out, grab attention and get what you want from the person to whom you are presenting your startup. Interested prospective employee, influential blogger, angel or venture capitalist.
BOTTOM LINE: Be bold, be wise, tell you story using these tips and you’ll be amazed what success you will have.
I wish you The Best on your Adventure!