A key employee gets enormous amounts of work done.
Someone is outstandingly creative.
Is the only person who has figured out how your Gizmo works.
And all of them cause you headaches, trouble, anger other employees, leave meetings in chaos. Drive you to near insanity.
They are "Hurricane Employees."
It is worth a slow, deep read.
As you go through it, look for the following:
- How important is "culture fit?"
- What criteria are best to use when screening potential employees?
- What makes an effective performance review?
- How does the CEO err in managing Hurricane Employees?
- What is the difference between the goal to be achieved and how the goal is achieved?
- What would you do if you find you have hired a Hurricane Employee?
BOTTOM LINE: There are a lot of Hurricane Employees out there. I asked a serial entrepreneur if he had encountered them. He replied "Yes, and the Philippines hurricane was named after one of them." When you can spot such people before you hire them, you'll be ahead of your competition who lack that skill. Serial entrepreneurs have learned well in the school of hard knocks. It is one element they use to build their unfair advantages and win big. Learn it and you'll be the next to win big.
I wish you The Best on your Adventure!