"How do I get my startup buzzing around the Internet?"
Important question -- tough to achieve.
So let's look at an amazing achiever and learn from that experience.
Here is the article, very well documented:
- It all started with WOW! That's what gets people buzzing.
- It's not about buying attention: You have to start with WOW!
- It is a cascade: Like an avalance
- It has a simple beginning: A key blogger moves the first snowflake
- It requires immediate response: Jump on it! Drop all else.
- It takes a lot of follow-on promotion: Very hard work + lots of time
- It is worth the effort: Your competition will complain about your "unfair advantage."
That's your challenge. It's worth the effort.
BOTTOM LINE: Your startup needs lots of "buzz" to spread the word about your great thing/service/business. PR is power. It is used to build a startup brand, never advertising. It is "free" meaning low cash outlay. It is "expensive" meaning it takes a lot of your time and creative brain energy. While you may not set world buzz records like Yo did, you can achieve the word-of-mouth wave you need. Others have done it, so can you. When you can do that, you'll add another very powerful element to your unfair advantage.
I wish you The Best on your Adventure!